Sunday, September 9, 2012

Grandparents Day Celebration at Abreeza Mall

Follow my blog with Bloglovin


Our Grandparents were among our earliest teachers and caregivers.  And I remember my Grandfather, Florentino Barrera Gonzales.





His my first mentor, he teaches me the passion and love of family and relatives.  He gives me that compassion and wisdom in dealing with daily LIFE challenges.  He enriched me with the stories of those who came before, pre-war and the post-war.  He even teaches me how to sing a song....

♫♪A stranger came to town, a road he didn't know.  He met a helpful boy and told him where to go. The stranger thank the boy.  The boy said I am very happy that I help you and I am very glad ...♪♫  

This song will always linger in my mind and in my heart forever.  I miss my Grandpa. :(




Going back to the celebration, today we honor our grandparent's, as we celebrate their contributions to our family, relatives and in the whole world.

Celebrating it with my mother together with her two granddaughters at Abreeza Mall Davao.


Photo credit to ABREEZA MALL DAVAO

We treat her by buying her favorite bread at BREADTALK.  The likes of:


BECKHAM n CHEESE
PHp40

RICE & SHINE
PHp50

GET CHEESY!
PHp40

SPRING IN THE CITY
PHp40
We purchased all this bread by using her SENIOR DISCOUNT CARD.  Lucky day for us!!! Hahahaha....

Next we went to ISLAND GRILL RESTAURANT located at the FOODCOURT of Abreeza to have our lunch.

We ordered....


MANGO FLOAT
PHp45

KINILAW
PHp65

BEEF STEAK
PHp75

TINOLANG ISDA(MALASUGUE)
PHp85
We also have 

PORK BBQ - PHp29/each @3 PHp87
5 cups of RICE - PHP15/each @5 PHp75

For a total of PHp477 only.  Hmmmm...not bad for 4 persons.  Great food except for their mango float.  Not that mango at all. Tsktsktsk.

We are not satisfied with our desserts so we go to another place.

How about here, THE WHITE HAT ITALIAN FROZEN YOGURT.  Yummy Perfect for my mother, a healthy food!  Yogurt is a custard- or pudding like food made by the natural bacterial fermentation of milk.  This healthy food is also a great supplement for protein and calcium.  And to those who can't tolerate with milk, this is good for you.   




We ordered two kinds of REGULAR YOGURT RECIPE, amounting to PHp125 each.

REGULAR YOGURT RECIPE PHp250

Yogurt is very healthy indeed, enjoyed with different flavors and popularly served with mixed fruits.  Though somewhat-sour in taste I think this will complement with sweet ingredients added with their yogurt toppings.



FRUITY PEBBLES
PHp125

CHOCO DROPS and OREOS
PHp125
(Actually it is not OREOS on top, instead they replaced it with Butterscotch)


Though they don't have OREOS available, butterscotch is still okay with me.  I was bit skeptical to taste it because I know I find it just plainly sour.

Love it!

Even my younger daughter love it!


Let's have a closer look...


FOR ME only ^_^

FOR MY MAMA and CHELSEA(Sharing)  ^_^

I've taste yogurt before but this first scoop of THE WHITE HAT ITALIAN FROZEN YOGURT changed how I used to think about yogurt.  THE BEST!!!

Our tummy and our eyes are both full and satisfied.  Roaming and seeing around beautiful things inside the mall.  Who love shopping?  ME ME ME!!!  LOL.

We shopped till we drop.  Tired but we have to experience a ride that we will never imagine or to forget?  The X-RIDE.




The 4D X-Ride experience is a best seller for kids and for adults that are physically fit.  For only PHp100/each you can avail of the 4D XRIDE.




With their 12 themes vary from SCIENCE, HISTORY, NATURE, GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, ANIMATION, HORROR, SCI-FI etc. 




We made our pick, SPACE TRAVELLING.  But soon as we enter the room the person assign told us to change it INTO THE FOREST Theme because according to him SPACE TRAVELLING is boring.  Well, he is right!  INTO THE FOREST is good for all kids and young at heart too.







But if you want more breathtaking and challenging theme pick ZOMBIE LAND and UNDERWORLD 1,2 and 3.

Super we love this treat.  Very exhausted, a feeling bit of dizziness but we really enjoyed the ride.  Thanks Mama Lola...and PAPA LOLO(naiwan sa house).






Indeed we celebrate Grandparents day with so much food, fun and excitement.  We will never forget this because my mother is with us(except for the XRIDE), the love we have both to our Grandfathers and Grandmothers profoundly influenced every part of our LIFE. And us their sons, daughters, grandchildren it is our role and responsibilities to provide them with the care, love, respect and understanding.


photo credit: nateswartphoto via photo pin cc